We are a larger parish with over 2500 families and have recently signed up with Abundant. Having been a PDS and Vanco client for over 10 years, the transition seemed obvious: house all aspects of our high volume eGiving on one platform. Having had a few months to test its functionality before launching to our parishioners, we are finding several aspects that are not meeting our needs and are preventing us from moving forward with the launch.
Since the program is new to both ACS and Vanco, it has been a challenge to address functionality with either entity and reach resolution. The communication has been that the programmers will be notified, but often no resolution date is determined.
Some of these issues are:
· Limited or non-existent Administration editing abilities in either Abundant or Vanco (Examples: Cannot modify an existing payment method or add a new one. Cannot modify a scheduled gift, must delete and enter new).
· Abundant drives the information seen in Vanco, but some changes cannot be made in Abundant.
· Batch information is driven by credit card number, address and family, not by name or parish’s donor number.
· Donor number cannot be changed to parish’s donor number.
· With Abundant account, parishioner search in Vanco is by first name, not last.
· Functionality of giving form: “Add Another Fund” button provides ability to choose several funds and frequency of gifts, but totals the gift amounts and takes at one time, disregarding frequency. This button currently cannot be removed from the giving form.
· No option for an annual gift under frequencies.
· In Abundant, cannot go back to search result parameters; must re-enter date range.
If there are other Abundant users who have found solutions to the above, please contact me. Or, I’d be more than willing to independently open a dialogue with the Product Management team at Abundant and work together to discuss solutions. Until then, we won’t be moving forward with the move to Abundant.